UPDATE: Moonee Ponds Central is Open
Safety and Preventative Measures in Mirvac Retail Centres
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retail partners, employees and our community is our highest mission.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep our community safe, we have had significant precautionary cleaning, hygiene and sanitising practices in place since early March 2020.
We are up to date on all of the latest advice and regulations from the Australian and State Governments.
In addition to our existing rigorous cleaning and sanitising practices, we are taking additional measures which include but are not limited to:
• Increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, lift controls, food courts, and amenities.
• Dettol gel sanitisation at convenient locations including entrances and exits.
• Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures throughout the centre.
• Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Queuing and crowd management in our food courts during busy times
• Increased staff presence with blue COVIDSafe vests worn by staff to easily allow you to find help or assistance
• Increased hand sanitiser stations at car park pay stations and antibacterial and microbial silver-ionised safety film on all ticket machines and pay stations
• Introducing a contactless customer experience service and our Customer Support Centre which is contactable via phone, email, social media or SMS for extended hours every day of the week CLICK HERE
• Traffic tracker on our website to assist customers in planning their visit to avoid busy periods when they shop CLICK HERE
If you are concerned or you would like to receive further information on COVID-19, call the Australian Department of Health Coronavirus Health Information Helpline on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
In addition, it is a COVIDSafe requirement for details to be collected when
• Dining in at any food outlet
• Attending any hair, beauty, massage or service retailer
• Attending any recreation, gym, fitness, yoga or barre studios.
Our retailers may have also implemented additional measures aimed at keeping our community safe and we ask that you assist by following all relevant signage or directions.
We’re committed to keeping you updated, please CLICK HERE to view individual store opening hours.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, Moonee Ponds Central has been so proud to have been able to continue to serve, and to provide essential services and employment to our communities; including essential workers, the elderly and disadvantaged and the broader community.
This continues to be a tough time for all our customers, retailers and employees within our community, across Australia and the world, but the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and our loved ones is most important. Things are changing every day, so let’s stay calm, safe and look after each other.
We will continue to work closely with Government, the Department of Health and Retail industry bodies to ensure that we have not only followed protocols to help the community to stop the spread, but also additional measures that demonstrate that at Mirvac centres, the safety and well-being of our retailers, employees, customers and community is our highest mission.
Together we can help stop the spread.
Stay safe and see you soon,
Moonee Ponds Centre Management Team